- Clinical Science
- Department of Pedodontics & Preventive Dentistry
Department of Pedodontics & Preventive Dentistry
Pediatric Dentistry instils positive attitude in children and changes the perspective of the society towards dentistry. The Department of Pedodontics and Preventive dentistry aims to impart quality education in the field of pediatric dentistry. The department specialises in providing comprehensive oral health care and prevention of oral diseases in infants, children, and adolescents, including children with special health care needs.
- We are dedicated to promote oral health care through education, research and oral rehabilitation with tender loving care for children.
- Our aim is to provide quality dental treatment in a very innovative and child friendly environment, thus imparting positive attitude towards dental care, thus making it a pleasant experience.
- The mission of the department is to lead the specialty to newer horizon by integrating innovation, technology and community service for prevention of variuos dental diseases occuring in children, into the curricular program.
- To achieve this vision the department constantly strives to utilize the vast experience of teaching faculty, encourage community based dental learning programs and create an atmosphere encouraging research activities.
- Academic and professional training of dental students in par with international standards of teaching methods.
- Competency based and evidence based didactic and clinical program, School and community clinical activities.
- Our main objective is to prevent dental diseases occuring in children by educating the parents and children and imaparting various preventive programs.
- To diagnose and plan treatment for patients requiring Pedodontic treatment.
- Undergraduate curriculum starts from 3rd year upto internship, which follows the curriculum of Tamil Nadu Dr.MGR Medical University.
- The Department provides a child friendly environment with
- An attractive Play area,
- Educative Patient Counselling room,
- Spacious waiting area,
- Pediatric dental chairs,
- Cartoon studded clinical area,
- Fascinating toys which make the children spell-bound.
- A special / VIP clinic.
- Separate clinical areas and Laboratory facilities for the under graduates and post graduates.
- Department library with various books related to pediatric dentistry and general dentistry.
- Seminar room with Audio Visual facility.
- Radiovisiography and latest technology devices for regular clinical practice.
Our students have won many prizes in Quiz Programs, National level paper and poster presentations.
- RIA - 1st Prize in Essay Writing Competition – C3 Quiz – d’ Pedo Acedemic Delight, held at JKK Natraja Dental College.
- Vigneshwar & Benjamin – 2nd Prize in Poster Presentation – 6th UG Convention, held at Sree Balaji Dental College.
- Chandralekha – 1st Prize in Paper Presentation – Mokshaa, IDC Convention 2017, held at Sri Venkateshwara Dental College.
- Raziya Fathima – 2nd Prize in Paper Presentation - Mokshaa, IDC Convention 2017, held at Sri Venkateshwara Dental College.
- Uma & Zeba Farhath – “Over all Best Poster Award” in Poster presentation - Mokshaa, IDC Convention 2017, held at Sri Venkateshwara Dental College.
- Uma & Zeba Farhath – 1st Prize in Poster presentation - Mokshaa, IDC Convention 2017, held at Sri Venkateshwara Dental College.
- Sharon & Sandhya Prabha – 3rd Prize in Poster presentation - - Mokshaa, IDC Convention 2017, held at Sri Venkateshwara Dental College.